St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is a dynamic, welcoming congregation with a rich musical heritage, continually evolving in our worship, mission, outreach and organisation. The Director of Music Ministries plays a key role in creating an atmosphere of celebration and reverence to God, fostering an innovative, blended style of music to enhance and support the worship message and responding to God’s leading as we live out our shared faith journey.
- Share in a music ministry partnership collaborating closely with the ministers and Worship Team to plan music programs and communicate a guiding vision for music ministries.
- Identify, engage, and develop the musical gifts of the congregation, choir, Praise Team, Handbell Choir and other musicians to help St. Andrew’s grow as a singing congregation.
- Provide musical leadership at weekly worship services (2 per week in Fall/Winter/Spring, 1 per week in Summer) and additional special services during the church year.
- Facilitate connections with the Calgary music community and hire musicians to enhance worship for special worship services.
- The Director of Music Ministries will report to the Lead Minister.
- The Director of Music Ministries will fulfill an average of 15 hours of music ministry work each week for St. Andrew’s over monthly/seasonal periods.
Qualifications - Personal
- Mature and ever-developing faith in the Triune God, prepared to express this faith through music.
- A servant leader who will support the congregation, musicians, and other leaders as they grow in faith and musical ability.
- A team builder who has demonstrated the ability to collaborate with and coordinate multiple participants in worship, and who operates from a deep love of people and a desire to see them grow and succeed.
- Strong administrative and communication skills to facilitate the planning and coordination of the music program with the ability to foster strong positive relationships.
Qualifications - Professional
- Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent experience.
- Awareness and understanding of church choral music repertoire.
- Proficiency in vocal and conducting techniques.
- Proficiency in piano and organ performance and accompaniment.
- Proficiency in arrangement of musical parts for a variety of instruments.
- Ability to blend traditional and contemporary worship music.
- Remuneration will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of application to