What to Expect
What to Expect
Welcome to St. Andrew's!
We understand that visiting a church for the first time can be intimidating. So here are a few of our most frequently asked questions.
- Our worship services begin on Sunday at 9:30 & 11:15
- We have two parking lots, one to the east and one to the south of the building.
- Additional parking is available in the lot to the East of the Church, as well as on Healey Drive (1 block South), where there is a walkway to the church between House 58 & 64 - or on 5th Street.
- People come to St. Andrew's from all kinds of backgrounds, countries and ethnicities. It's not uncommon to see someone wearing a suit and tie sitting next to someone in traditional African dress. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.
- We have paid nursery staff for small children available in addition to our volunteers available at every service. The Nursery is located in the west end of the main floor. You can feel secure leaving your children, knowing that they will be well cared for. In addition, we will provide you with a pager in case there are any emergencies.
- Our entire facility is wheel-chair accessible via our elevator.
- The Welcome Desk in the centre of the foyer has information on all the different ministries and programs that we offer. There is a shepherd on duty in the foyer for both Services each Sunday if you have any questions.
- The west side of the foyer has an L-Shaped Volunteer Corner. Feel free to take advantage of any fellowship opportunities that might interest you.
- The service begins with the procession of the Bible, for which you are invited to stand as you are able.
- You are welcome to sit anywhere you would like.
- You will be handed an order of service as you enter the sanctuary. It contains any responses or participatory elements in the service. All of this is also projected on the screen at the front of the sanctuary.
- The words and music to the songs we sing can be found in the navy-blue "Book of Praise" in the pews. There are also Bibles in each pew, along with red books which contain the Psalms.
- The service lasts roughly an hour, and is traditional with contemporary elements.
- There are Worship bags filled with activities to the right of the main doors to the sanctuary. If your kids are brimming with energy, feel free to grab a bag and let them work on it in the pew. At the midpoint of the service, the kids will be invited up for a time with the Ministers, after which they are welcome to either head down to Sunday School, or stay in the service with you.
- Sunday School is available for two age groups during the 9:30 service (4-6 years, and 7-11 years). During the 11:15 service, Sunday school is available for all ages.
- Adult Bible Study is available during both morning services.
- After the service, there is a time of fellowship in the Karl English Lounge with Coffee and Snacks. This is a great opportunity to meet other visitors or chat with the ministers.
If you have any other questions, please give us call at (403)255-0001
See you soon!