Pastoral Care At St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: September 2020 Update
St. Andrew’s Pastoral Care Programs: Fall 2020
- Life after Loss We are currently working on a Celebration of Life service to be Live Streamed in November.
- CareShare Ministry We resumed delivering meals mid September with the appropriate restrictions - wearing masks and proper sanitization. People also have the option of ordering food from places like the Blue Flame Kitchen for a touchless delivery to the receiving families.
- District Visitors We are about to undertake a second call-out. Please let your District Visitor know if you have a pastoral need that we can help with.
- HomeBound Ministry Our visitors still cannot visit in person but are staying in touch via phone calls.
- Hospital Visitation Some hospital visits are now permitted for some individual family friends (call ahead to each unit to check protocols). But we are not resuming our church-based visitors’ program until we get an all-clear from AHS.
- Nursing Health Ministry “Immunization. You call the shots!” Because Heritage Seniors will not be meeting in the foreseeable future, the immunization talk is being postponed. The team will continue with the Health Matters articles in our newsletter, ConnXions.
- Prayer Ministry Our Prayer Ministry has continued strongly during this time. Please feel free to reach out to us if you or someone you know would like to be on the prayer list.
- Side by Side Side by Side is continuing to offer a semi-weekly Zoom version of the program with all registered participants and their volunteers.
- Stephen Ministry Our Stephen Ministers are meeting regularly via Zoom and are continuing to reach out to their care-receivers.
Funerals and Memorial Services
In keeping with the AHS Guidelines, and with the recommendations and requirements of our Reentry Task Force, we have started to host smaller funerals again at the church. There is a strict limit of 50 people at any such service, and all names of people must be submitted to the office for contact tracing. Please contact the office, or Geoffrey, if you would like to submit a request to the office to hold a funeral or Celebration at the church. Live Streaming of services is possible. No receptions are currently permitted under AHS Guidelines. Graveside services are also possible.
(CLICK HERE ) For Current information related to COVID-19